Message from the Rector
Thank you so much to the wardens, vestry, and congregation for your thoughtful marking of our tenth anniversary at Christ Church. Many of you have watched our sons grow from second and fourth graders into a college sophomore and high school senior. It is has been a joy and privilege to share the journey of life and faith with this dynamic community. I am very enthusiastic for my tenth fall start-up at Christ Church and the excellent plans that are underway for the program year:
- Meaningful Christian formation opportunities, including Breakfast and Sunday School For All Ages beginning on September 16th at 9:00 am
- Expanded youth ministry, including a new program for youth (and their friends) from all the Savannah area Episcopal churches to come together for fellowship and fun
- Vibrant music ministry planning and preparation for worship, as well as special concert opportunities
- Supporting our growing acolyte ministry with training, and continuing to nurture other life-giving liturgical ministries, including the September return of our Sunday 6 p.m. and Wednesday noon services
- Planning for new and continued opportunities to reach out in love and service to others, such as our multiple ministries to the homeless and our pastoral outreach to our elderly and homebound
- Preparing confirmands and new members for our Sunday, October 7 Bishop's Visitation; our youth confirmation class will make a mature profession of faith and those adults who have joined Christ Church from other denominations will be formally received into the Episcopal Church
Over the weeks of August, you will hear more about these and other opportunities for worship, formation, and service to God's world. Thank you for ten wonderful years, and I look forward to the next chapter in our shared ministry.
May the peace of Christ be always with you.